Woah!! Two years in the making, weird guy ~ capt beard ~ is finally out with his first full-length project, Avant Stupid. Prepare to be infected with powerful grooves handcrafted by the beardman himself. This is an album that will move your body, and maybe your heart too.
Now here's some words:
"hey guys it's me capt beard! please buy my album. the past two years of my life have been pretty iffy and terrible at times, but i'm reaching a huge turning point now. i'm going to college! i've fallen in love! and i'm on a new musical plane. my album has nothing to do with the good times coming up.
avant stupid is an album documenting my emotional and musical path throughout the last two years. it starts out all happy and bombastic but eventually descends into melancholy, sadness, loneliness, and other iffy emotions. but it resolves into a positive hope for the future. i guess my next album could be a postcard from that good future saying, hey, i'm doin well, and i'm happy. and i'm a forbes millionaire from avant stupid sales
anyways, thank you!"
released August 4, 2017
gyms mastered tracks 2 and 7 (twitter.com/_gyms_
tothejazz made the main album art
brainfoam made the alternate album art (twitter.com/brainfoam_
victor grand played violin on track 10 (soundcloud.com/thesteel107
WFD made an awesome bonus track (soundcloud.com/wfd2014
special thanks to:
- all of my broys for helping me grow as a person and musician. you're my best friends
- my youngest sister for drawing the avant stupid monster
- malcolm, for preventing me from suffering from lonely poisoning, also a best friend
- DESKPOP for supporting me a ton, esp braz thankyou
- DimWiddy, for saying "avant stupid" long ago. it sounded so cool to me it became the album title
- razerek, for inspiring track 8
- you, the listener. the last few seconds on the album are just for you